up.time Integrates Seamlessly with Splunk!
Solutions for the IT Manager
1. Report on All Aspects of IT Operations
- How: up.time can listen to and display all of Splunk's events, providing the ability to create and manage escalation workflow and reporting.
- Why: With this simple Splunk integration, managers can create a single end-to-end view of top level metrics required to manage the operations. Correlate and report on all aspects of IT operations from a single view, including system, network, security, asset, and more.
2. up.time and Splunk Keep You Compliant
- How: Publish up.time system events and alerts into Splunk to follow regulatory best practices.
- Why: Corporate governance and regulatory legislation (including SOX, HIPAA, ITIL, and Cobit) require IT departments to log all events that affect certain types of business processes. up.time's event publishing to Splunk provides a simple way to stay compliant by ensuring auditing requirements can be achieved within one common repository.
Tools for the IT User and IT Professional
1. Find the Problem with Ease with a Single-Click Deep Dive
- How: Drill down from up.time alerts into Splunk's logs to automatically zero in on the device and timeframe that's associated with the issue/alert.
- Why: By tightly coupling up.time alerts to device log information, IT professionals can quickly isolate the root cause of an issue and drastically shorten the mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Why: Easier detection of more elusive problems like J2EE performance degradation.
- Why: Correlate events to potential application coding/design errors.
2. Make life Easy with the up.time Splunk Monitor
- How: Create "near real-time" monitors based on your Splunk log data. This allows you to monitor and alert on your log data, a critical need in IT environments.
- Why: To monitor, alert, graph, and report on metrics that include security (Web denials), logical monitors (number of users) and many more. This provides easy tracking and notification of all critical security, application performance, and other audit related events (e.g., failed logins).
- Why: Quickly navigate from up.time’s enterprise view (Global Scan) where a problem is flagged, to all related root-cause log messages caught by Splunk.
up.time and Splunk Operate Like a "CSI" Within Your Server Logs to Uncover All Your Hidden Performance Problems
Use up.time to monitor your application servers and detect when performance issues or outages start to occur, then click the "Splunk>" button to quickly drill down into error messages that indicate the cause of the outages (such as Java exceptions, or server shutdown messages).
With up.time, you can now dynamically link from the up.time interface into Splunk IT search with ease. Splunk is a powerful IT search engine that up.time users can tap into when outages occur, making it incredibly easy for an up.time user to track potential underlying errors hiding in logs that up.time couldn’t otherwise get access to.
Splunk is the IT Search engine that indexes and lets you search, navigate, alert and report on IT data from any application, server or network device. Securely access logs, configurations, scripts and code, message, traps and alerts, activity reports, stack traces and metrics across thousands of components, from one place, all in real time.
In order to use Splunk with up.time you must have a Splunk Enterprise license. To obtain a trial Enterprise license, purchase an Enterprise license or get more information, please visit www.splunk.com.
For information on using Splunk with up.time, see the up.time User Guide.