IT infrastructure and applications can be complex when you’re undergoing a rapid transition from industrial port to vibrant technology first community.
Malmö, a commercial centre in southern Sweden, is in the midst of this type of transition. They have a complex IT infrastructure that supports application delivery to ensure end-users’ needs are being met. The complexity is found in the dynamic nature of their systems and capacity needs, with user loads that can vary from 100 users one day to many thousands the next.
A critical part of properly managing this IT backbone is to deeply monitor IT infrastructure and applications through an integrated view, across platforms and environments. The City of Malmö turned to up.time for unified IT monitoring, alerting, and reporting across their Linux, UNIX, and VMware infrastructure and applications.
So, how was up.time able to help the City of Malmö?
- up.time was able to replace two large and expensive IT infrastructure and application monitoring suites, integrating all IT monitoring and reporting needs into a single solution, complete with customizable dashboards.
- Proactive capacity planning with alerts and reports that notify IT before services or applications are compromised.
- Unified monitoring for IT infrastructure, including Linux servers, UNIX servers, and VMware.
- Application performance monitoring for RainDance Economic Systems, as well as a host of other custom built applications.
- SLA reporting that shows city management how IT is meeting end-user needs.
- Unbeatable value with extremely cost-effective licensing and easy administration and maintenance.
“Our previous well known monitoring tools had unreasonably high license costs, lacked customization, required professional services, and were overly hard to use. I was stuck doing a lot of guessing. up.time is everything we need at a much better price point, especially considering all that up.time includes right out of the box. Switching to up.time helped make IT run smoother and we saved over 50% compared to our previous monitoring tools” – City of Malmö IT Administrator
To learn more about how up.time was able to work with the City of Malmö, read the success story here.
Make sure to stay tuned by subscribing to our blog.